Katinko Soft White Ointment 10g
What is in KATINKO® Soft White Ointment?
KATINKO® Soft White Ointment contains Methyl Salicylate, Menthol, Camphor, and Eucalyptus Oil.
- METHYL SALICYLATE topical (for the skin) is used for temporary relief of muscle or joint pain caused by strains, sprains, arthritis, bruising, or backaches.
- MENTHOL topical (for the skin) provides a cooling sensation when applied to the skin, which helps relieve pain in the tissues underneath the skin. It is used to provide temporary relief of minor arthritis pain, backache, muscles or joint pain, or painful bruises.
- EUCALYPTUS OIL helps in reducing pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- CAMPHOR helps relieve skin irritation and itchiness and may help to improve the overall appearance of skin. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that make it useful in healing infections.
Other ingredients are Paraffin Wax, Petroleum Jelly, and Lavender Oil.
What Is KATINKO® Soft White Ointment used for?
KATINKO® Soft White Ointment is used on the skin for the relief of discomfort associated to:
- Muscle and joint pains
- Skin itch primarily caused by insect bites
- Travel sickness
- Flatulence (passing gas from the digestive system out of the back passage or farting)
How much and how often should you use KATINKO® Soft White Ointment?
Apply generously to the affected area as often as required or repeat the application 3 to 4 times daily until relieved. Use this medication as directed by your doctor or follow all directions on the product package. If you have any questions, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
When should you not use KATINKO® Soft White Ointment?
- Allergic to the active ingredients or any other ingredients of KATINKO® Soft White Ointment.
- Children under 2 years of age and below.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Care that should be taken when using KATINKO® Soft White Ointment
Wash your hands after application, avoid contact with your eyes, nose, or mouth, and other body parts.
Undesirable effects of KATINKO® Soft White Ointment
KATINKO® Soft White Ointment is generally safe to use within the recommended dose and duration of treatment. Skin redness and mild itching or stinging sensation at the site of application may occur. Tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly if any of these effects last or get worse.
What other medicine or food should be avoided while using this medicine?
No listed drug interactions with other drugs.
Signs and symptoms of overdose
- Severe redness of the skin
- Severe burning sensation
- Skin irritation or rashes
What to do when you have applied more than the recommended dosage?
Consult a doctor if needed.
When should you consult your doctor?
If there is excessive irritation or if there is redness on the skin for more than a week.